What To Do:
1. Print out the three drawing worksheets and choose a selection of your favourite adventure icons. Finish off the drawings, using my original black and white sketches as a guide.
2. Why not also create some icons of your own? Think about an adventure you’ve been on (e.g. your most recent holiday) – this can be real or imaginary. Where was it? What did you do and who did you meet? Draw some small pictures of the things you saw there.
3. Colour in your drawings with felt-tips or crayons, then cut around them carefully with scissors.
4. Once you’ve got your adventure icons ready, print out the blank world map sheet.
5. Place your drawings loosely on top of the map until you are happy with the layout.
Think about what countries your different adventures take place in – you can use the ‘Atlas of Adventures’ book to help if you get stuck. Have fun creating stories with the pictures, like layering your drawings on top of each other and making your characters interact on the page.
6. Once you’ve pieced together your drawings, stick them down with glue or blue-tack. Ta-da! You’ve created your very own mini map of adventures!